The Advisory Committee is selected by the end of the 2nd semester.
- There will be one chair (the mentor), or two co-chairs on the committee and the balance will be committee members
- The mentor must be endorsed to chair according to established criteria in place in the Graduate Education (Link to the Graduate Education website listing the Neuroscience faculty)
- The committee will be formed by the student in consultation with his/her mentor by the end of the second semester
- The committee is to consist of four program faculty members
- Every student will meet with their entire advisory committee at least once per academic year
- The mentor and the advisory commitee will submit an annual report of the student's progress.
- The report is to be signed by the student, their advisor and by each of the committee members.
- The report will include:
- A listing of course work completed and grades achieved;
- A listing of laboratory rotations (if any);
- A listing of academic milestones achieved in that year;
- A list of milestones for the coming year;
- Any other information that is pertinent to the student's progress (papers published; attendance and presentations at professional meetings, etc.)